Sometimes, ink system failure of a UV inkjet printer may occur for some reasons. According to the technical engineers of YOTTA, there are several main aspects. Here I will list the comment problems and provide some solutions.
Common problem 1: Ink overflow ( ink reflux phenomenon in air tube)
- The liquid-level sensor is malfunctioning.
- Improper removal of the printhead ink tube (without closing the ink valve switch or without lowering the negative pressure).
- Ink pump filter blocking.
- Close all the ink valve switch, adjust the negative pressure of printer to -1.0, turn off the emergency stop.
- Open the ink tube cap at the bottom of the negative pressure chamber to drain the ink that is in the chamber.
- Open the cover of the negative pressure chamber and wash it with cleaning liquid.
- Replace air pipe. Don’t cut the joint seals conical surface if removing the air pipe with a blade, otherwise it will cause leakage which will lead to negative pressure instability.
- Turn on the printer power and open the ink cartridge switch of which has ink overflow. And then press the negative pressure button to discharge excess ink to the normal level in these ink cartridges, to prevent ink from overflowing again.
- Adjust the negative pressure to the normal value and turn on all the ink cartridge switches.
Carriage & ink negative pressure display of YOTTA YD-F3020R5 flatbed UV printer
Common problem 2: Ink dripping
- Negative pressure is too low
- Close the cartridge switch, close the emergency stop.
- Check for leaks or air pipe.
- Check the pump usage time. If there are already 2 months, replace in time.
Common problem 3: Ink supply timed out (continuous alarm)
- Check whether the two-way valve of main ink tank is closed, whether the ink runs out. If yes, just add ink.
- Check whether the corresponding ink pump is running. If no, replace ink pump.
- Check if the ink pump is clogged. Unscrew the connector at the bottom of the ink pump filter to see if there is ink flowing out. If no, replace the ink pump.
- Check if the ink pump filter is clogged. Unscrew the connector on the upper end of the ink pump filter to see if any ink overflows. If no, replace the ink pump filter.
These solutions apply only to YOTTA inkjet UV printers. For other UV printer brands, please contact the manufacturer for detailed solutions.